Light exercise improves health
|You won't get any fashion points for wearing bowling shoes, |
but the light intensity exercise will do your body good
You don't have to kill yourself at the gym in order to make a significant, positive impact on your health.
According to a study published in PLOS ONE, 30 minutes of light intensity exercise can improve your health if you are overweight or obese and suffering with type 2 diabetes.
This is great news! If you get moving as opposed to choosing a sedentary activity, you can lower your BMI and waist circumference, and enjoy the positive health outcomes.
Consider some ways that you can add light intensity exercise to your day:
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood after dinner
- Walk around the mall with a friend
- Walk the neighbor's dog
- Watch your favorite television show while you are on the treadmill
- Bike around your neighborhood park
- Walk to places you usually drive to: school, church, the library, the post office
- Learn how to ballroom dance
- Vacuum your house
- Mow your own lawn
- Sweep the driveway
- Hop on the stationary bike and read a magazine
- Walk around town while on your lunch break
- Take the family bowling