Gift Ideas for Female Fitness Enthusiasts
It's that time of year again. The air is chilled, the turkey has been devoured, and it's time to begin preparing for Christmas. I love everything that comes with this season. I love searching for trees, decorating the house, reading books by the fire, and hunkering down for a movie while snuggling under warm blankets. AND, I love picking out the perfect gift for the special people on my list.
I understand that not everyone relishes the opportunity to shop, and some even find it stressful, so I thought I'd share my annual list of gift ideas for female fitness enthusiasts:
- Vitamix: Juicers are all the rage among health minded individuals, and if your special gal doesn't have one, she is probably wishing she did. The Vitamix is an investment, but it blends wonderfully and she won't be limited to kale and apple smoothies. This machine can be used to make everything from soups to ice cream, too.
- Nutribullet: Vitamix a bit too pricey for you? Buy her the NutriBullet. This blender comes with cups for blending. After she mixes her favorite juice she can pop it off the mixer and go. This makes it the perfect gift for the busy woman who struggles to sit down for breakfast.
- Cooking classes: If she likes to cook, scour the community education classes to find some healthy cooking classes she can take. Enroll both of you to double the fun!
- Cookbooks: Health minded women are always looking for healthy, environmentally sound, and delicious ways to prepare food. Inspire her with The Pollan Family Table: The Best Recipes and Kitchen Wisdom for Delicious, Healthy Family Meals.
- Books: Healthy living is a conscious choice that involves answering many questions about eating within just one day. Set her up for success with Slim by Design: Mindless Eating Solutions for Everyday Life. Written by bestselling author and researcher, Brian Wansinck, she'll find each page packed with easy tips for healthy living, all the time.
- Yog Mats: Is her yoga mat beginning to look a bit grimy? Get her one of the gorgeous Magic Carpet Yoga Mats from Anthropologie.
- Footwear: Women who work out barefoot and live in chilly climes need footwear. Buy her some Toesox, which have grip on the bottom. If she finds these uncomfortable, consider leg warmers from Lululemon. They cover the ankle and forefoot but have cutouts for grip and traction just where she needs it.
- Fitness Trackers: Is she a statistic junky? Elevate her Fitbit so she can wear it anywhere in style. Tory Burch has a collection of bracelets and pendants she'll love.
- Pilates Mats: A yoga mat just will not do in a Pilates studio. Give her a soft mat to cushion her spine as she works out. This one, from STOTT, is a winner.
- Scents: Active women tend to like fresh, crisp scents. Fill her stocking with a bottle of CK One, Acqua Di Gio, or Calyx.
- Personal Care: This is the season of dry skin. Get her a body paste that smells light and clean and whisks away scaly, dry skin. I love the Rodan + Fields Body Microdermabrasion paste.
- Pedicures: I've never met a woman who didn't love a good pedicure. For those that exercise barefoot, a gift certificate to a favorite salon is the perfect gift.
- Massage: Massage is a luxury, making it a wonderful gift for an active woman.
- Self-healing treatments: Is your loved one feeling a few aches and pains? Get her a Hand and Foot Treatment Kit from Melt. This bag of small, differently sized balls, which also comes with an instructional DVD, will teach her how to treat herself for pain-free living.
- Workout gear: There are lots of options for fitness clothing. Athleta and Lululemon produce the most coveted among the people I work with. Get her some skinny pants, a form fitting jacket to show off her defined curves, or a stylish top.
- Accessories: Stuff her stocking with small accessories she'll love. Think cotton scarves, gloves and slouchy hats that won't ruin her workout updo, stylish hair bands, fingerless gloves, fun leg warmers.
- Exercise classes: There is no better gift than the gift of health. Delight her with a series of personal training sessions or a punch card valid at her favorite studio.