Lazy cooking is my favorite kind of cooking. Don't get me wrong: I love preparing healthy, delicious meals for my family. But I'll be honest. When five o'clock rolls around, I'm starting to lose some steam. The grand meals that I may have thought up at breakfast time seem a little bit too complex and too time-consuming.
But I can't be a total cooking slob. So I generally take those grand ideas so beautifully concocted over breakfast and mutate them into something much easier but, if all goes well, still tasty.
One of my favorites? A dressed up steamed spinach dish. You can make this in a snap, and you'll love the way it tastes.
Steamed spinach with mushrooms and pine nuts:
- Brown pine nuts over medium-high heat. (No need to put oil in the pan. The oil in the nuts is sufficient).
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil.
- Steam spinach in a large pot.
- Drain water from spinach.
- Add pine nuts and mushrooms to spinach. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
I told you it was easy, didn't I?