Easy side dishes: prosciutto-wrapped peaches
I have a big problem with recipes for side dishes: they take too long to make. I can commit to a 20 minute prep and cook time for a main course, but when it comes to the accompaniments, I just can't justify such a time commitment. I assume, dear reader, that because you are as busy, fabulous, and over-scheduled as I am, you have similar time constraints.
As a lazy cook, I opt instead to create dishes that I can throw together without measuring spoons, sifters and reference notes. A dash of this and a splash of that is more my style: simple and easy.
Simple dishes that take little time to make can become mundane after a while, so I'm always looking for fresh ideas that are quickly and easily implemented. Who isn't, right? Well, I've got a great one to share with you: prosciutto-wrapped peaches. This delicious and unique side dish can be made in a snap, leaving precious time for more important things, like enjoying a glass of wine with your husband after the kids go to bed.
Here's how to make them:
- Slice peaches in half and remove pit
- Dust peaches with sea salt
- Place two fresh basil leaves on each peach half
- Slice prosciutto in half lengthwise; then wrap one strip around each peach half, covering basil leaves
- Pour olive oil in a medium sized saute pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Brown peaches over medium-high heat
- Remove peaches when prosciutto is browned
- Serve with pork or fish
As my daughter would say, "Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy."